Amboyna Burl on Majestic Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Amboyna Burl from Bad Dog Burls on a Majestic Rollerball. I know the pictures turned out a bit darker than I would have liked. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc :)

Attachments

• Majestic Amboyna Burl_5.jpg
    Majestic Amboyna Burl_5.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Majestic Amboyna Burl_4.jpg
    Majestic Amboyna Burl_4.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Majestic Amboyna Burl_3.jpg
    Majestic Amboyna Burl_3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

Stunning as usually!

Hows the shipping from down under to the States? Do you figure on doubling the cost of the blank to cover the shipping expense in general?

Curious, do you have a storefront you sell pens at, and therefore a pretty high volume of pens, or just a large client base?

JerrySambrook

Stunning as usually!

Hows the shipping from down under to the States? Do you figure on doubling the cost of the blank to cover the shipping expense in general?

Curious, do you have a storefront you sell pens at, and therefore a pretty high volume of pens, or just a large client base?

Alan,
Bad Dog Burls is located in Massachusetts.
Rob imports Australian based, and other burls, as well as a lot of Black ASh and some less availble (to us east coasters) wood.

www.burlsource.com

wizard

Stunning as usually!

Alan, I think Jerry answered the first question you asked. LOL, regarding the second question, I have neither a storefront nor a large client base but I believe my wife would like me to have either or both.:wink:. I turn pens just for fun and I really don't sell any to speak of..I do give them out as gifts...but I've saturated friends and family with them. I think the significant people in my life groan :eek:when I tell them I've got a gift for them...anyway that's probably more than you want to know. Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Nice Doc! Is that all gold?

Thanks Bill! No, not all gold. It's the 22K accented/Rhodium version of the Majestic. The pictures may be too yellow making the Rhodium plating have a gold tinge to it. I'm not really satisfied with the pictures. Regards, Doc

JeffT

Beautiful pen, as always!

Knowing that Doc does not sell his pens, for the next PITH, there will be a stampede for users changing their handles to Wizard1... just to be after him. Hmmm.... there's an idea!

Doc, your pens and presentation are what some of us newbies aspire toward... Thanks for showing!

JeffT

ctubbs

Doc, as usual, excellent craftsmanship and photos. If I can be one of your undeserving friends, I promise to never groan or otherwise show non-appreciation when approached with one of your gift pens. Really, REALLY promise! I really do.
Great works of art fall from your hands. Thanks for showing.
Charles

Top Bottom