Amboyna Burl Long Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bean_Counter

Bean_Counter

I made 2 amboyna burl long clicks for a customer and he provided the amboyna burl. I really like the look of the amboyna, so I purchased the rest of it from him. The long click is black titanium. C&C always welcome so I can get better. Thanks for looking and I am still working on my photos taking skills

Attachments

• AB Long Click 2a.jpg
    AB Long Click 2a.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 285
  • AB Long Click 1a.jpg
    AB Long Click 1a.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Nice looking pens. I love amboyna (who doesn't:rolleyes:), and don't think I've ever seen it on a long click.

As far as the photo's, try cropping the picture to show the pen closer. then resize the photo. You might also try taking the picture outside in indirect light.

Bean_Counter

Nice looking pens. I love amboyna (who doesn't:rolleyes:), and don't think I've ever seen it on a long click.

As far as the photo's, try cropping the picture to show the pen closer. then resize the photo. You might also try taking the picture outside in indirect light.

Thanks for the tips Bsea. I cropped and resized, what do you think?

Attachments

• AB Long Click 2a.JPG
    AB Long Click 2a.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 159

Joe S.

What do you think of the long clicker kit? I got a few and wasn't impressed with the click quality. I keep getting this nagging feeling that this kit HAS to be better than what I got... Stunning finish on a stunning wood! Great job!

Bean_Counter

What do you think of the long clicker kit? I got a few and wasn't impressed with the click quality. I keep getting this nagging feeling that this kit HAS to be better than what I got... Stunning finish on a stunning wood! Great job!

Hi Joe, these were the first 2 that I have ever made and were purchased at CUSA. To me the worst part of this kit is drilling the hole as my bit wondered off a lot. From what I always have heard this is the only good clicker out there and I do have to agree (besides the bolt action). The clicker works good and is smooth on both pens. Hope this helps and thanks for the compliments

longbeard

Very nice job Michael
I too like the long clickers, i've made and sold about 15 or so with no issues so far, and i like the focus on the blank with out the bling.

Last edited:

Joe S.

Maybe I should try them from csusa... I don't know if they are different from where I got them or not. Thanks!
Your photos are great too! (I say this because I just tried out my new photo tent and realized I need more practice! :eek:)

BSea

Thanks for the tips Bsea. I cropped and resized, what do you think?

I think that looks much better. The focus is really on the pen where before the pen was really only about 1/3 of the overall picture. Someone once told me that when you crop a picture, imagine that the object you want to show is actually in a group, and you don't want to to show the others. Or to show as little of the others as possible. So the closer you crop to the subject, the more excess you cut from the picture. Sometimes though you want to crop where you have a particular size ratio. In those cases, you want your subject to be in a position where it won't look out of place in the finished size. For example. If you want your picture to be the background on your computer, you want it to fill the screen without distortion from stretching. This takes a little more work, and I rarely worry about that when I take pictures of my pens. In fact, I don't think I've ever taken a pen picture with this in mind. I have other things, but not pens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom