Amboyna burl Gentleman FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Titanium hardware, homebrew lacquer based friction polish. I still can't get over how big this beast is. [:p]

200582635318_gent_amboyna_burl1.jpg

And an open view for those who like it that way.

200582635431_gent_amboyna_burl2.jpg

Dario, I may have to get some more of this stuff! I like it!!! Of course, I'll be in trouble, but such is life. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Billy,

I love it...probably my favorite from your collection so far [;)]

I love Amboyna too...but my source dried up for now. I have but a few pieces left of the 7/8" and someone might get them as we speak.

I have lots of 3/4" thought but most are just figured, the burls are not as packed as that piece. You and Kevin lucked out [;)]...actually the knifemaker got most of my stock.

dubdrvrkev

[:D][:D]

Nice pen Billy. You are making feel bad about not turning all this stuff I just got. Now it'll all be old news by the time I get around to turning it.

JimGo

Billy, that's a beautiful pen! Great job!

Kevin, if you REALLY want to feel bad, try doing a group buy with Anthony.

woodscavenger

Dario, that's hateful. Getting the man hooked then saying you can't help him get his next fix.....man.....[;)] BTW, nice pen Billy. I still remember the first time I drilled a blank for the same pen...I was scared.

Dario

Shane,

Believe me, I would sell as much wood as I can if possible. Truth be told, (as if it is unknown)... I am making money doing it [;)]. It is just that I ran out of similar quality on the size he wants/needs.

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Mike, a few days ago (last week I think) you suggested that I remove the twig, route the place for the pen and add some patina. So I looked at it and thought, "I can do that.", so I did. Now you want me to cut it up. [}:)] Actually what you don't see is a rather large gaping hole right under the pen about center of the knot. Believe me, I've thought of a number of ways to turn this piece of Maple into a pen, but for now, it'll have to serve as a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom