Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it early this morning. Amboyna Burl on Gold/Sterling Silver Accented Cambridge Rollerball. Finished with 150 to 600 grit paper, cleaned with rubbing alcohol, thin CA X 2 coats, medium CA X 6 coats, MM (wet) from 1200 to 12000, followed by HUT Plastic polish and finally RenWax. Thank you for looking.
Have a great day! Doc:)

Attachments

• Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen_3.jpg
    Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen_3.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen_2.jpg
    Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen_2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen.jpg
    Amboyna Burl on Cambridge Rollerball Pen.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Another great cambridge pen! I did finally buy a amboyna burl blank, it is actually sitting here on my desk. I just am trying to decide what kit to use it on. You seem to be on a cambridge roll lately. Is this part of your malachite batch? Either way Doc, it looks really good. You do such a good finish and fit on the pens I have seen.

wizard

Another great cambridge pen! I did finally buy a amboyna burl blank, it is actually sitting here on my desk. I just am trying to decide what kit to use it on. You seem to be on a cambridge roll lately. Is this part of your malachite batch? Either way Doc, it looks really good. You do such a good finish and fit on the pens I have seen.

No, not part of the malachite batch. This one is a roller ball. I made the other piece of amboyna into a fountain pen. Todd, thank you for the compliment. Regards, Doc

wizard

Great looking pen ! Where can one find this kit ?

Dick

I got my kits at my local Woodcraft. But, I recently found out that Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks carry them. They have them at a better price and I can't say enough good things about them.
Doc

shawnmhill

Beautiful Amboyna Doc! Very classy. I like it! If you're running out of room to store all those gorgeous pens, I can PM you my address!

Top Bottom