Amboyna Burl Baron w/ Eugene's BW cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

This is another of Eugene's bloodwood cross & Alumilite blanks with Amboyna burl on the pen portion. I've purchased a few of the BW cross blanks from Eugene but I got this one from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods. The pen is for my uncle who is a retired minister. BLO/CA finish on both cap & pen portion.

I've switched from a gouge to a 3/4" round nose scraper with the top edge relieved & the burr removed to make it a bit less aggressive. For me, this cuts the Alumilite very well with almost no risk of a catch.

Kit is a black titanium Baron.

Attachments

• IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5961.jpg
    IMG_5961.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 103
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DKF

Very nice work and I love the cross.....I have to be honest and tell you that I am not crazy about the combination with the amboyna, but great work anyway.

Ligget

That reminds me, I have one of those bloodwood cross blanks to turn, beautiful pen and Amboyna burl lower barrel looks fine but that is a personal taste thing!

JimMc7

<snip>.....I have to be honest and tell you that I am not crazy about the combination with the amboyna<snip>

Honest opinion works for me!

I have some angle cut bloodwood blanks and assuming I can turn one w/o cracking it (I have about a 33% success rate with these) I'll try that with the cross cap, too.

Top Bottom