Amboyna burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

This is a satin gold slimline done with a nice piece of amboyna burl. Nothing fancy. Thanks for looking.

2005223165710_amb.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wow Fred, that's pretty! My only comment is, it seems a shame to waste such a beautiful piece of wood on a slimline!

darbytee

Jim, I agree but I needed a pen to carry with me on a daily basis, and the slimline is the only thing that will fit in the pen pocket of my flight suit. I've got a couple of more pieces that will be used for more appropriate projects.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by darbytee
<br />Jim, I agree but I needed a pen to carry with me on a daily basis, and the slimline is the only thing that will fit in the pen pocket of my flight suit. I've got a couple of more pieces that will be used for more appropriate projects.
PSI has a slim profile "click",
Would that be more more convenient in a flight suit?
Parker Refill

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Wow Fred, that's pretty! My only comment is, it seems a shame to waste such a beautiful piece of wood on a slimline!

May we disagree? [:eek:)] Attractive, quality parts, beautiful wood, well executed workmanship that fits a specific need. Not a waste. Some things can be overdone trying to outdo others. There is often elegance in simplicity. This deserves an "Atta boy".

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I think the satin gold kit makes that burl stand out more beautiful..nice workmanship..and whatsa matter with the lowly slimline..lots of people prefer that size pen..especially when it fits the need..!

JimGo

Okay, I agree, slimlines certainly have their place! I just meant that some of the larger pens will result in more surface area to show off the pattern in the wood. Again, I DO think it is a beautiful pen!

Keep up the good work Fred!

WoodChucker

Fred, that's a beautiful looking pen and you did a great job on it,nice work!

Jim, I know what you mean, I had to make a pen for my best friend a couple of weeks ago and he wanted a slimline made from BEB. I hated wasting all that wood. That's when it would be nice to have 1/2" square blanks on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom