Amboyna, black ebony aluminum segmenting in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

OK I have not done much segmenting lately and am trying to keep my pens simple and elegant. Here is my latest segmenting.

il_570xN.604409372_b7i1.jpg

il_570xN.604514167_bvgl.jpg

Hope you like it, C&C welcomed as always.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I like my more complicated work also Mark but the time invested is a lot. I am not sure that the return is really there at there at the prices that I sell them for. I do have failures in the more complicated segmenting too and they are very expensive. Now with this particular pen I posted it at around 8pm or so and it is already gone. As I do more and more toward making my hobby a business time does become more of a factor. I hope to find some time to start making more intricate patterns soon..

OZturner

Glorious, Mike.
It is difficult to find words, that adequately convey my appreciation of the Beauty and Craftsmanship of this Pen.
However one must mention the Outstanding Amboyna Burl, Ebony, Hardware, Finial and Finish.
I can see how it was sold immediately.
Thank you for sharing.
Brian.

dcannon

Beautiful pen Mike!! I really like the finish, it looks like a nice shine, but not so much that you can't still feel the grain. Do you mind sharing how you finished this one?

Dan

plantman

MIke; Another fantastic pen !!! Not only is the pen a winner, but the way your photos display and explain what the pen is made of is a real seller. Great work !! Jim S

I always use Dr's WoodShop finish on all of my pens. It does give a nice shine but not too much.

Mike

Beautiful pen Mike!! I really like the finish, it looks like a nice shine, but not so much that you can't still feel the grain. Do you mind sharing how you finished this one?

Dan

Top Bottom