Ambonya Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkHix

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHix

I have not posted a photo in a while. Every time I do post one, I learn alot from your comments. This was my first attempt at a more expensive wood. Now that I see the picture, the top looks a little under turned. I had to fill some voids where it tore out a little. All in all, I was very happy with how it came out. CA/BLO finish, MM. I look forward to your input.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

R2

That is a spiffy looking pen![:)][:)]Your comment about the top maybe right. Do you chek sizes of turnings with amicrometer or Verniers or even a set template? That might help if you think you have a sizing problem. Do you run your fingers and nails across the join areas after you've finished just to see that your tolerence for the coatng of polish was ok?

Federman

I like the cigars with a little shape better than a B to B.
No need to repeat about the top but seems fine with shape added. Finish may not show up as good in your photo looks like may need a little buffing to get rid of some of the marks made while still on lathe.

Othewise excellent looking pen!

MarkHix

Thanks for the nice words. My photography skills are legendary---bad that is and to be honest about it, I am not really focused on those. The finish does not show well. It is clear and smooth as glass. It is without a doubt, my best work yet. I carried it all day today and everytime I took it out of my pocket, I was amazed at the improvement since the first pen in July. Thanks for looking and the comments.

fernhills

Hi,i like your curve in a cigar,some people say you are supposed to do it BB,but hey thats the way designer wants it to be,thats why we do woodwork so we can put our own spin to it..Learn how to do BB cause someone may want one,it can be tricky to do them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom