Amber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Finished this one this morning, just before my back started to act up... gonna have to get the heating pad out... :(:(

Alternative Amber Jr Statesman .. material from Tangboy
This material is fairly translucent... I used a Prismacolor Marker (BitterSweet) on the tubes... gave them three coats...

2005119181558_AmberJrStatesmanFP.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Just received one of those blanks last week. Great looking pen. Would you mind saying where i could pick up one of those marker pens ?

JimGo

Lance,
Most of the bigger art supply stores will have the Prismacolors. Some craft stores (Michael's, ACMoore, etc.) will also have some of the more "standard" colors. The markers are, IMHO, on the expensive side (about $3-5 per marker), but you can also get them on eBay for a great price.

He he he...sorry Tom! I got distracted...that's a sweet looking pen! I hope mine comes out even close to that nice!

wayneis

Lance you will be a lot more satisfied if you get some flat paint and paint both the tubes and the holes of the blanks. I've been doing a lot of these blanks lately and the only ones that I am really happy with are the ones that I painted both tubes and holes. I gave the tubes one coat and the holes two. Any acrylic or even the little bottles of model paints work well.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom