Amazing Sea shell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Today I cleaned off my desk and this blank was one of the things I found
under the clutter.
A Paua Abalone blank made by one of the members here "KensPens".
It's on a black titanium/rhodium Lotus fountain pen with a polished Bock nib.
As always all comments welcome.

IMG_3085-1.jpg

IMG_3083-1.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JF36

WOW that is the best looking pen I have ever seen. I want it. You did an amazing job creating that masterpiece. I love the look of the Paua Abalone.

Last edited:

Brooks803

Beautiful Roy! Next time you need to clean up...I'll be right over. Maritime law counts in most workshops right :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Everytime I clean up I just find more junk I meant to throw away...:beat-up:

PenPal

Roy,

Your Pen was made to sound happenstance however it is Brilliant, the kit frames the abstract colours superbly, to me it has an Eastern mystecism emphasised by the Titanium Rhodium plating held in by the intricate detail of the centre and end bands shaded in grey providing beginning and end by repetition.

Something to write home with for a long time to come with pride. Kens created Abalone Blank technique produced that one off blank, you obtained it and produced a winner albeit from a certain obscurity, this happens, well found, acted apon.

Kind regards Peter.

IPD_Mr

Roy - why would you allow something that good looking to get lost on your desk? Oh I know you were looking at it getting thoughts on which kit to put it on then Dee called you for dinner. After dinner was desert and after desert was a cocktail. Next thing you know you are snoozing in the LazyBoy. Forgot all about it didn't ya. Next time give me a holler and I will come clean your desk for you. :biggrin:

Texatdurango

Geeze, perhaps if you cleaned up enough you might find that stash of War bonds you tucked away for a rainy day! :)

Stunning pen. I tried making a few of those but kept cracking the blanks so gave up and moved on. I should have kept trying!

ttpenman

That is one gorgeous pen. Hard to put into words but has to be one of the nicest I've seen in some time. I've made a few pretty nice pens over the years but when I see some of the stuff that shows up on this site it makes my pens look like I carved them out of a 2x4 with a dull jack knife.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

kenspens

thanks roy for doing such a wonderfull job and to all the nice comments everyone is so kind!! some of the greatest craftsmen artists and ppl are on this site!!
i cant wait till you do the paua shell emporer blanks!!!!!

sincerely,
ken brown
kenspens

Top Bottom