Amazed I didn't end up with Purple!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's a bit of an experiment I tried out a couple days ago. I wanted to try combining the colors I use in my Vintage Blue and Crimson together in a single blank to create a patriotic theme. With both of those colors being translucent I was sure I'd get atleast patches of purple. I must say I'm more than happy with how everything turned out :biggrin: I reverse painted the blank black. I didn't want to use blue or red bc I was concerned it'd for sure give me purple somewhere.

Thanks for looking and as always any comments/critiques welcomed and appreciated!

I used a Chrome Zen component set:

DSC00928567x700.jpg
DSC00934589x700.jpg
DSC00937592x700.jpg

A couple closeups:

DSC00932606x700.jpg
DSC00940633x700.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Where is this for sale on Exotics? I can't find it. :)

Looks really nice. I did actually look on Exotics for it before I realized it was an experiment.

Good job.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I can see more and more color combonations working out like this :biggrin:

Beautiful pen Jonathon! I love turning your blanks. I wish I could get some in Alumilite for my kitless creations...wink, wink..nudge, nudge.:biggrin:

Thanks! I've tried making these with alumilite but it just didn't have that same depth to it. I've got a turned barrel, I'll have to find it and take a pic to show what I mean. However, I have been considering buying some alumilite for just that reason :wink:

How do you make 1/16" of material look 4" deep?! Lovely blank and pen! And photos.

lol...LOTS of practice and screwups! Thanks btw Chris, my wife loves your comment.

Top Bottom