Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from csb333

Status
Not open for further replies.

csb333

tn_Aluminum%20Sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Thumb nails are bad mmmK! Looks great though. The platinum kit would likely work well with that. Great job. How did you like turning it? The tool I made really works great.

Fangar

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Thanks Jim. I didn't know about the second click. Nice pen, but count me as one who feels the thumbnail presentation sux, so to speak. [8D]
Count me as 2-3000

Thumbs

I use a mouse where I set up a button with a double-click. The thumbnail feature is easy and convenient for me or anyone else that can follow simple directions. I can see it would be problematic the FIRST time but after that we ought to be able figure it out! There really doesn't seem to be a need to change this feature as it really does save screen space better when trying to review a thread on multiple visits and updates. Just another opinion for what it's worth!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This is not rocket science. The forum is called "Show Off Your Pens". When I click on a new thread, I expect to see the pen, not a thumbnail. I don't expect to have to click or double-click to see the pen. Now if you want to discourage folks from looking at your pen, by all means put another step in between the thread and a viewable size. However, if you really want to show off, don't put in worthless additional steps.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />I use a mouse where I set up a button with a double-click. The thumbnail feature is easy and convenient for me or anyone else that can follow simple directions. I can see it would be problematic the FIRST time but after that we ought to be able figure it out! There really doesn't seem to be a need to change this feature as it really does save screen space better when trying to review a thread on multiple visits and updates. Just another opinion for what it's worth!

Opinion considered worthless
The name of the forum is "Show off your Pens"
not
Find the pen on this page

Thumbs

You're right it's not rocket science......... Too bad it's so difficult for some of you to handle. I'd say if you can't find the pen, you probably have other more serious problems!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Thumbs
<br />You're right it's not rocket science......... Too bad it's so difficult for some of you to handle. I'd say if you can't find the pen, you probably have other more serious problems!

Speaking of the poster child for serious problems ------ [;)]

Thumbs

Billy, It's not even a full moon yet! You guys are beginning to howl early this month, aren't you? Halloween left you frisky? You had better go back and get your own prescriptions changed![;)][;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Yes, Bobbie, Halloween has passed. Now if you want this conversation to take an ugly turn, let's take it to Casual Conversation where we can talk about your problems, pal. It's a shame that you can only find an outlet for your emotional difficulties by attacking others on the forum. It's also a shame you didn't stay gone when you left the forum a few months ago.

Thumbs

Louey, It's also a shame you couldn't have been a proper moderator either. But I must admit that when I get attacked for voicing an opinion, I do respond. I don't think that I'm the one who started the personal dialectic here or started criticizing someone else's work when they were following the forum rules. I stated an opinion about a mechanism of forum usage and how to deal with it.

You and your cohorts took it down to the personal mean and dirty end! Keep it up; and yes, I will respond. If you can convince Jeff that this is all my fault then maybe you'll get your wish.......

[:)] There! does that make it all better?

wdcav1952

Dialectic - di·a·lec·tic (noun) - The art or practice of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments.

Dictionaries are really handy for discovering when people don't really understand the words they can type.

Bob, you really should try to make posts that add something to the forum, rather than spout nonsense.

Thumbs

Oh, great learned one! I am so humbled, but please read on - dialectic also describes logical debate. Do you also need to get out your dictionary to understand the term irony? Or, perhaps, your friends will help you with your dictionary. Maybe you could try a thesaurus, knowing how you like to quote/misquote others' original thoughts. By the way, maybe you could explain all the posts that you have been making; the nonsense you spout seems unending, trivial, and doesn't seem to add all that much to the forum that I can see.....

Next.....

rwilson402

These are good examples of why new pen turners just look and don't post. I for one don't mind moving my mouse and clicking on a pic. It doesn't take that much energy. You all do great work on your pens and pencils, but attitudes need a bunch of work.

timdaleiden

It looks like a nice pen. The background is a bit dark, but I didn't mind the thumbnail image. It wasn't any great effort to click the pick. I am sorry some people are so intolerant about such things. [V]

wdcav1952

Originally posted by rwilson402
<br />These are good examples of why new pen turners just look and don't post. I for one don't mind moving my mouse and clicking on a pic. It doesn't take that much energy. You all do great work on your pens and pencils, but attitudes need a bunch of work.

Randall,

First and most important, welcome to the forum. Like all families, we do get into the occasional squabble. If this offends you, I apologize for my part in the current unpleasantness.

Second, we all should apologize to Chris for hijacking his thread. The pen is an interesting one, and well deserving of attention.

Third, to a small extent, you are guilty of what you lay at the feet of others with your comment about the energy required to click a mouse. The energy of lack of same is not the point. Although Chris chose not to, most posters tell us something about the pen, what they were trying to accomplish, and other tidbits of information. It is simply easier to look at the pen and refer to the narrative without opening new windows. Consider pop-up ads. It takes very little energy to close them, but I would wager that you, like most of us are annoyed by pop-ups. From my personal perspective, I consider the extra clicks to open thumbnails annoying. A small thing, yes of course it is. However, it is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.

Fourth, please take the time to review all the posts in this thread. It turned to the worse when it was hinted that those who don't like the feature of thumbnails aren't quite up to par, so to speak. Please refer to the following quote:

"I use a mouse where I set up a button with a double-click. The thumbnail feature is easy and convenient for me or anyone else that can follow simple directions. I can see it would be problematic the FIRST time but after that we ought to be able figure it out!"

I think that you will see that this was the catalyst for the thread turning in the wrong direction. Unfortunately, negativism often spawns more negativism. Should we turn the other cheek and ignore pettiness? Of course we should, but all to often we respond in kind.

Finally, I regret that you find the occasional rough and tumble in the posts distressing. I think if you stay with the forum and learn to avoid posts you dislike (likely mine after this rambling missive) [:D] that you will find this site one of the most diverse sources of information available. Again, welcome aboard and I hope you learn much here.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
To Chris (csb333, the original poster) - Sorry this all stirred up around your innocent post. Instead of the snide "where's the pen" and "I hate thumbnails" (paraphrased) comments you got, someone should have calmly explained that while thumbnails are welcome anywhere on this forum, the general preference in this particular area is to post full-sized images.

I realize that the "album picker" puts the thumbnail in your post, but you can edit the codes which are inserted automatically, leaving just the image inside the image tags. Our Photo Posting FAQ has all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom