Aluminum Kitless Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Aluminum Kitless Click. Richard Greenwald click, standard gunmetal clip, started with 1/2 inch aluminum round, Parker style ink. Hidden clip ring. Not much else to say! :redface::rolleyes:

Attachments

• Aluminum Kitless Click copy.jpg
    Aluminum Kitless Click copy.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's pretty slick Joe!!:wink:
I assume that the mech can be removed to change the refill?

( Don't laugh, I made a kitless pen once and once it was assembled, you couldn't open it again:redface: )

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks, ALL for the early Kudos. Yeh, Skippy, it is removable, I couldn't see any reason to make another joint at nib end. Did you actually make one you couldn't open? :laugh::laugh::biggrin: That's hilarious!!! And I've found those traits expand with age! Now, that's NOT funny!:rolleyes:

makirk

That's an awesome looking pen. Great job!

Might I ask what grade of aluminum you used for this and what if any issues did you run into while turning or finishing?

Mike

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
That's an awesome looking pen. Great job!

Might I ask what grade of aluminum you used for this and what if any issues did you run into while turning or finishing?

Mike

Mike: I'm not sure of the grade. The tag on the bar says Aluminum Rod. I didn't see any grade numbers on the one I think I cut it from. Wasn't bad to turn, even on the wood lathe. I used more of a scraping technique than a slicing.

Top Bottom