Aluminum Honeycomb

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

After seeing some of the honeycomb pens I decided to give it a try and got some aluminum honeycomb. I first tried it by pressure casting PR and blew out one of the cells when turning it. I then tried alumilite and was able to get this pen turned. It has one issue where a cell blew out on the end that I was able to hide under the clip. I think that I can reduce the possibility of that type of blow out by trying to line up the cells with the end of the tubes so that there is more meat in the cells. I back painted the blank red but think it would be have better painted white or silver.

IMG_2095.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

budnder

...I decided to give it a try and got some aluminum honeycomb...
View attachment 162727

Same here :) , but you're a ways ahead of me. My honeycomb showed up yesterday and I haven't had a chance to try a chunk.

Yours looks good. Did you think about trying to vary the color a bit in the cells? I remember liking that about the earlier one posted - how an individual cell was a different color than it's neighbor.

Are you using the 3/4" thick stuff?

I got mine here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYJXQCK/

Cwalker935

...I decided to give it a try and got some aluminum honeycomb...
View attachment 162727

Same here :) , but you're a ways ahead of me. My honeycomb showed up yesterday and I haven't had a chance to try a chunk.

Yours looks good. Did you think about trying to vary the color a bit in the cells? I remember liking that about the earlier one posted - how an individual cell was a different color than it's neighbor.

Are you using the 3/4" thick stuff?

I got mine here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AYJXQCK/

I did two colors in the PR blank and it was looking sharp before it blew up. I did not want to get too fancy on the second one since I was not sure if I could keep it together. I got my honeycomb off of eBay.

More4dan

The one I posted last week I found out Wednesday was made with alumilite. Beautiful pen.

How did you cut the aluminum honeycomb? Did you have any issues?

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I have some of that stuff that I bought many years ago and just never got around to playing with it. I may just have to try to find it and give it a try. I like the effect you get with it. thanks for showing and the pen looks good.

Top Bottom