Aluminum El Grande Streamline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Stevej72

Stevej72

This is a pen the I had powder coated and the PC didn't turn out quite right. So, I sanded off the powder coating and then sandblasted the aluminum. I haven't put a finish on it yet, but it should probably have something to protect it if I decide I want to keep it.

I'm not sure if I like it, as it looks a little plain and maybe doesn't go with the kit. Maybe a gloss finish would help. Or, maybe when it warms up a little I can try the powder coat again. Any suggestions?

20082192831_02%2018%2008_0368.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stevej72

Thank you for the comments.

I think I will go over to harbor freight and pick up some glass beads and give that a try. I do like how that worked on your pen, John.

Tanner

That's cool looking! Wow, sand blasting, powder coating, glass bead blasting, electro plating in silver...a whole bunch of techniques I've never tried. I would be interested in seeing what you do next to the finish.

B727phixer

I think it looks pretty cool as is, but you are right it probably needs protection. Have you tried (splinter99's)"collinite's No.845". I got some at HF on Harold's recomendation and it works good on wood and acrylic so maybe on aluminum.

Top Bottom