Aluminum Closed End Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Have not posted any pen pics in a while, decided I had to do something a bit different!

Closed End Sierra made from Aluminum. No tubes, drilled and reamed to match all the upper barrel and finial dimensions. My first attempt at knurling in 30 years. Did not knurl quite like I expected.

Attachments

• Al Closed End Sierra 01.jpg
    Al Closed End Sierra 01.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
There are two concentric holes, one is not any standard drill size, it is 3/8" enlarged to 0.391" with a chucking reamer, the other smaller one which grips the transmission as if it was the finial is an "L" bit.

jd99

It looks good, looks like you might have not started the knurl with enough pressure, but it still looks cool. I like it.

Wonder how it would look if the kit was a gold Sierra, and you have the Alum gold anodized. Hmmmm

Last edited:

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone

Danny - you may be right, I really should have played with this knurling tool a bit before trying it on the pen. It is a scissor style which is different than I used in the past. I think the real trick may be in adjusting the scissor until it knurls a scrap piece of the target diameter just right first.

Top Bottom