Aluminum Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bluwolf

bluwolf

Nothing fancy, I just wanted to try one of these click mechanisms to see how well they worked. They look very nicely made and they have a very smooth action. The only thing I didn't like was that the pen seemed very short. But that was easy to fix. I just made the pen longer and added an extension to click mechanism. I didn't have a clip that would work with it so I just left it off. I've got some other ideas so I'll try to work in a clip next time.

Attachments

• alclick.jpg
    alclick.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 398
  • alclickprts.jpg
    alclickprts.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 361
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

AWESOME! that looks really good, very well done! In the second pic with the disassembled pen, the part in the middle on bottom, is that a spacer/extender for the ink cartridge?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
WELL....it's about time :biggrin: Very cool pen Mike. I 'm anxious to get mine. The mechanism looks to be pretty straight forward and, easy enough to build a pen like this. Glad I took a break and, saw this. Nice work.

bluwolf

AWESOME! that looks really good, very well done! In the second pic with the disassembled pen, the part in the middle on bottom, is that a spacer/extender for the ink cartridge?

Well, I called it the extension for the click mechanism, but I guess it's six of one, half dozen of the other:biggrin: I drilled the end so it would slide over the click mechanism and not rattle around in there, then the extra length is the same difference as the extra length I added to the pen itself.

Mike

bluwolf

Nice Mike! Must be nice to have that machine shop in your garage!!!LOL!

Can't wait to see you guys again next year!!

I wouldn't exactly call it a machine shop, but no metal lathe should be without a mill to keep it company:) How is that tailstock working out for you?

Mike

MarkD

Great looking pen! Nice job with the extension to enable the pen to be longer. They are quite short without it. I also really like the looks of the nib section! Great job!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It finished out really nice. I like the longer look. Im going to disassemble one of those clicks and see what makes it tick.

MattTheHat

I happen to have few thousand feet of .375" and .500" x .058" wall aluminum tubing laying around. I've been thinking about chucking up a hank of it and see what I could come up with.

Very nice pen!

-Matt

cnirenberg

Mike,
Great looking click. I like the extension idea too. I finally got some to try out and will bring them down when I get a chance.

Did you get the tap to go with 'em? It's another one of those odd ones.

Mike

I sure did. I have drawn up a nice idea that I want to try. I'll scan it and send it to you to see what you think about it.

bluwolf

Now I feel left out again... I will definitely have to start making these, they look like fun!

Left out?! Again?! Need I remind you that you have a perfectly nice click pen, and it's made out of titanium! I don't have one, remember?:biggrin:

Mike

johncrane

looks really good Mike! i am not far from finishing one in aluminum, using the same clicker working the clip out is fun,but in and out of Hospital has slowed me down a fair bit.:confused:

Last edited:

bluwolf

That is true, but you can make one whenever you want! You have the materials... :biggrin:

Yeah, but it was a lot more fun when we were experimenting with your titanium and your drill bits:biggrin: Now I have to worry about messing up mine...

Mike

Top Bottom