Aluminum and Bronze Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Anodized aluminum barrel with bronze clip, nose cone and click button. Even machined the little screws to hold on the clip. Come see how easy it is to make these at the MAPG.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alum and Bronze.JPG
    Alum and Bronze.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 750
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

Bruce, the pen looks great. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that you machined the screws or were able to install them without marring the crap out of them:eek:

Mike

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bruce, your pen keeps drawing me back for another look. Each time I see it, I like it more. :)
I'm sure I have a bunch of bronze bolts ( er, I mean pen blanks) at home. I've never turned bronze....what's it like?
I think I also have some sintered bronze too, but I believe it's as tough as old nails.

Are your screws actually pins with screw heads or did you make proper threaded parts?

I'm really gutted that I won't be able to get to MAPG. :( to see you in action.
Are you take 'Bruce-o-matic'??? :)
I'm already priming SWMBO that our next visit to USA will include a MAPG visit, especially as it falls on my birthday!!!!

Maybe we should have a MUKPG???? :)

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks to all who have commented.

Bruce, the pen looks great. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed that you machined the screws or were able to install them without marring the crap out of them:eek:

Mike

I actually made a little wrench for them out of brass with a small grinding wheel and Dremel tool, but after I tightened them up took the pen to a fine wheel on the bench grinder and rounded off the tops.

Bruce, your pen keeps drawing me back for another look. Each time I see it, I like it more. :)
I'm sure I have a bunch of bronze bolts ( er, I mean pen blanks) at home. I've never turned bronze....what's it like?
I think I also have some sintered bronze too, but I believe it's as tough as old nails.

Are your screws actually pins with screw heads or did you make proper threaded parts?

I'm really gutted that I won't be able to get to MAPG. :( to see you in action.
Are you take 'Bruce-o-matic'??? :)
I'm already priming SWMBO that our next visit to USA will include a MAPG visit, especially as it falls on my birthday!!!!

Maybe we should have a MUKPG???? :)

Thanks Skip - For the screws I started with round stock, turned some down, cut the threads (3mm x .6 I think), then milled the hex head.

The bronze I have is very easy to turn, both with hand tools as well as on the metal lathe. The nose cone was all by hand with a home-made tool. I use 10% cobalt steel tooling normally used in a metal lathe, but just hold it in a piece of square pipe with a set screw and a little foam tape around the handle for comfort.

Really hope you do make it again over this way. Will give you a special tour of the Bruce-o-matic:). And if you have a MUKPG I'm sure it will be a success.

Here's a pic of my new tool...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tool.JPG
    Tool.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 186
Top Bottom