Aluminum, Acrylic, and a Homemade Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bluwolf

jpick22

Skiprat: Hey, my friend, that "one-day, One-day" has long ago, already "come and gone". You're so far beyond anything I ever did, it's downright scarey!

I look at your pens now and it's me saying, "One-day", "One-day" . . . . . .and most likely, probably not!!! First, I gotta remember how to turn this !*$!!x! lathe on!

Jay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jpick22

Michael: After seeing your last three pens, I find myself saying "One-day","One-day" over your work too! Maybe I should re-think retirement . . . . . .again . . . .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL, ok ok....we've each had and given each other a nicotine enema:biggrin::tongue:

.....time to makes some pens:wink:

workinforwood

No...there's nothing wrong with the finial. It's the picture or my eyes. When I looked at it, it looks like a gent top with a gold center and the gold center doesn't match anything on the pen at all. Now that I look much closer, I can see that's just a lighting illusion, and it is just simple aluminum. Looks much better. It's beautiful work.

MorganGrafixx

Every so often, I come on here and get to see a pen that I can't form words for. A pen that re-ignites the creative spirit in me. This is one of those. Truly a masterpiece.

ldb2000

WOW .... I'm totally awestruck !!!!!!!! Three of the most awesome Penmakers , my Top Three penmaking Heros posting in one thread !!!! I have stolen ..... errr ..... Learned soooo much from you three . I have spent hours and hours looking at your galleries in the Guild .

Michael , Your Aluminum work has inspired me to use this material for a number of my pens . This pen is another example of your Amazing work . I like the Aluminum on both barrels best and that clip is totally awesome , I love the concept !!!
It also looks fantastic on the front page !!!

Jay , Your designs have had the biggest impact on my pens and I hope to one day be able to produce a pen that will be up to your standards of excellence !!!

Steven , You know how I feel about you and your wonders . You have inspired me to push my abilities to their very limits !!!

bigeddy

Really awesome pen... I'd sure like to see a video of you making it from start to finish... I'm a newbie turner and need more ideas as which way to go in my pen making. I do like the aluminum on the bottom also.

cnirenberg

Mike,
Congratulations on the front page! I have been slammed at work and haven't been able to log on for any length of time. That is a spectacular looking pen. I can't wait to see it in person.

Pete275

One word, Beautiful. Keep the aluminum on the bottom. Very inspirational. Congratulations on a well deserved front page.

Wayne

Last edited:

magpens

I like the Alum bottom with the peek-a-boo slot.

Now tell me where I can buy this kit ... :) ... I wanna try one !!

magpens

I like the Alum bottom with the peek-a-boo slots.

Now I want to know where I can buy this kit ... :) ... I wanna try one !!

Seagull38

Mike, what a beautiful job ! Did you start with aluminum tubing ? How did you work it ? I built and fly an airplane I made out of aluminum, but there is nowhere near the detail your pen has!

bluwolf

Mike, what a beautiful job ! Did you start with aluminum tubing ? How did you work it ? I built and fly an airplane I made out of aluminum, but there is nowhere near the detail your pen has!

If you built and flew an airplane, and are here to talk about it, I'm sure there is plenty of detail in it:biggrin:

Tubing would have been the way to go but I didn't have any. I just turned the rod down to the diameter I wanted then drilled it out.

AlanHil

It looks like a vial of "red matter" from a Star Trek movie. I would love to see how you made the cap and clip. I assume you did it on a metal lathe. Very nice.

Last edited:

ohiococonut

For someone that didn't want to turn aluminum again I think you outdid yourself and absolutely nailed this one! That's a one of a kind that I would not let go of, ever. I just wish I had half the creative imagination some of you do.

Top Bottom