Aluminium kitless fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

The fruits of today's labour. a kitless aluminium fountain pen, featuring a JoWo nib.

I also made a few Calligraphy dip pens, though as I'm making 10 of those il hold off from posting them until they're all done and post them all together :)

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 236
  • open.jpg
    open.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 246
  • dis.jpg
    dis.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Fantastic Machining Brad,
I cannot Detect any Joints on the Assembled and Closed Pen.
I wouldn't know where to Separate It.
Fantastic Profile, Reminded me of a Stack of Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets.
Terrific Proportions and Superb Finish.
When it Comes to "Unique" Pens,You have done it again Brad,
Congratulations.
Brian.

BradG

Thanks for the kind words all.

Brian, I really appreciate the effort you put in when writing a comment on someone's work. Bravo!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Your work makes me jealous! I don't like commenting when I am jealous!
:rolleyes: :biggrin:

I love the precision of machining along with your artistic design, and obviously your ability to "see" before you do something.

A fellow on a woodworking forum recently mentioned the ability to "see" in 3D in the minds eye and even rotate it in the minds eye. He couldn't but his dad could! There are several here that can think and "see" with that ability. You do and Skiprat does and several more. I see this more in "machinist" engineers than others.

Beautiful work!

Last edited:

BradG

Many thanks Hank. It doesn't always turn out quite the way I pictured it, but the key to it is just have a go. the worst which can happen is that you will successfully rule out something which doesn't work, and sometimes you will discover something else completely unexpected through having a play trying to accomplish something else.

Be relaxed, in quiet surroundings, and don't get hung up on the details... just get a rough idea of what you think would look pretty neat and get stuck in.

Top Bottom