Alumilite Custom Fountain 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from furini

furini

Hi all

Had a couple of weeks without turning but got back in the 'shop this weekend and made a new cap and barrel, as well as some closed end mandrels - was going to try to make an expanding one (!) but ended up making two jam ones instead...the cap one needs doing again as it's not concentric :frown: I've reused the section from my first pen as I don't have anyother nibs yet. Adding buffing to my finishing regime and got a much better finish.

Cheers

Stewart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie69

Looks great Stewart! Are you using single starts for the cap to barrel threads? I finished my 1st kitless roller ball last weekend and have been completely stoked over the endless possibilities kitless offers.

Since you already have the taps and dies why not use a threaded mandrel and live center to make the closed end cap? Gonna be dead nuts round every time.

furini

Cheers, Charlie
I'm using a triple start M12 x .8
I thought about threading the closed ended mandrel to screw the barrel or cap to but was concerned the turning pressure might strip the threads off. But since then I've seen a threaded closed ended mandrel being used by Edison Pens in one of their videos - I sense a version 2 in the offing!

Top Bottom