Alumapens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

These are the JohnnyCNC blanks I ordered. What a great guy...the blanks are 99%perfect. I only say that as it would be nice if the pencil had just a bit more beef for shaping, but the statesmen's had plenty of meat for perfect shaping. They spin like a dream, about 99.9% on center. The first gentle pass with a skew rounds it and the second gentle pass and you already are spinning ribbons. You can't ask for better than that! You do have to be sure they are perfectly square while assembling or the parts won't go in, but once you have that, they are perfect fit. I'd call them A+++ blanks. I could not be happier or say enough good things about them. They do mar easy and pick up fingerprints instantly, but that's the nature of the beast. 2 artisan pencils and 2 jr stateman II pens, one is a fountain, one is rollerball.

200711317823_aluminum%20004.jpg

20071131799_aluminum%20002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

WOW,Jeff! You sure did a fine looking
job with that aluminum[8D]
They truly look great;I hope they sell well.
Thanks for the kind words.
So,larger stock for the art pencils,maybe?

workinforwood

Yes John, I think just a smidge larger on an art pencil would be nice. It's such a long barrel I like to taper it sorta like a carrot I guess. But, that's just me and my customers won't know what's up other than "ooooh, that's shiny!". My 1 fountain and pencil was sold before you even made the blanks. I'm completely satisfied, that's for sure, and who knows, other people might like a thinner sleeker pencil blank. Those are the only pencils I make because the lead doesn't break like those whimpy .5 mm pencils. Ya'll have a great weekend, I have to go to work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom