Alum. Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DozerMite

DozerMite

Banned
This is my first attempt at turning aluminum and my first turning between centers. The blank and bushings both came from John Goodin (johnnycnc). After turning between centers, I will never go back to a mandrel. There is absolutely no vibration and no chatter. Thanks John!

It's a platinum sierra click.

20082617436_A_edited-1.jpg

20082617444_Alumin_edited-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.
All comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I tried to get a better picture to show the polish, but this thing just reflects like a mirror.
Anyway, here is a different pic.

200826203334_A.jpg

GregMuller

Nice looking pen. I am curious how you made the bead detail. We used a scraper to make ours but it was BTB. I really like the bead detail and would like to include it in my next one.

bitshird

Turnung between centers is a whole different world, you did a great job, and if you did the bead on a wood lathe, ya done a fine job!!!!!![:eek:)][:eek:)];)

DozerMite

Banned
I've been out of town.

Thanks for all the comments.
I did turn it between centers on my jet mini 1014. I used a 3/8" gouge and a skew. Both HSS, no need for carbide tools. The polish is like a mirror. I polish a lot of aluminum for some of the hot rodders around here (intakes, wheels, valve covers,etc.) so I have some practice at that. I plan on doing many more of these. I have a lot of ideas. I couldn't have done it without johnnycnc. His stuff is amazing.

Top Bottom