Alternative Ivory kitless FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a kitless Alternative Ivory and Brass FP . I received this Alt Ivory blank as a freebie from Dawn (PR Princess) with one of my orders . I love turning this stuff , it really does turn like butter , beautiful gossamer streamers coming off the skew .
I tried something different with this one , I used a brass insert instead of threading the lower tube , I think it's a nice added touch .

1_altivoryfp2.jpg

1_altivoryfp1.jpg

As always , comments are welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

Another beauty Butch. I really like the proportions of the clip band, center band and end band. Beautiful pen, well done. Nice looking nib as well :biggrin:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Wow! That looks great!
ok, now I need to order alt ivory (and let it sit in the pile of blanks I can
never seem to get to)

What kit is this? Or, what kit WAS it before you modified?

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . I was trying for an Art-Deco look of the 1930s with this one because of the Alt Ivory blank . I think I pulled it off ok .
Charlie , there is/was no kit used on this pen ....errrr...well almost no kit parts , the nib / feed came from a Baron and the accent bands are a Majestic upper tube .
The blank came from Ed and Dawn , it's only 5/8" so I needed to keep it thin , the upper barell is so thin you can almost see through it . Threading it with an El Grande size tap was fun , luckily the Alt Ivory threads really nicely .
I love this clip design . I got the idea from Skiprat and a few of the photos in the PMG gallery . It's easy to make , easy to attach , is very strong and looks very elegant . It will be showing up on allot of my pens in the future .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Butch,

Please let me know how those threads hold up. I have been asked about that a number of times and have told people, "I don't know!"

Be nice to have a better answer.

ldb2000

No problem Ed , I'll be using this a a daily writer here for a while . If it were just plastic to plastic I would say no problem but since I'm using brass to plastic I'm wondering how well they will hold up , so far it seems ok , silky smooth .
I will keep you updated .

Russianwolf

Butch, two things.

1) if you aren't a member of the Pen Makers Guild, this pen should be submitted to them. It's outstanding.

and 2) I'd love to see more on how you made the pen. Did I mention it's outstanding?

Top Bottom