Alternative Ivory Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

Newest Emperor in Alternative Ivory. This material was very easy to turn but a little brittle. Finished to 12,000 MM and then polished with Novus 1 and 2. Any comments are appreciated and thanks for looking.

20051129163740_100_0526.jpg

2005112916383_100_0527.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Is it possible to overuse "WOW!" I rarely comment on pens made of synthetics but knowing real ivory is near impossible to obtain, much less turn, the alternative is one of the few ways to go for this look.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
That is an absolutely stunning pen.. WELL DONE....
This is the first time I have seen the rollerball open... I am not sure I like the front end.. how does it feel in the hand...

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by hombre4
<br />Lance, beautiful pen. Where did you get the alternative Ivory?

You can get that material (as well as the other alternative stone materials) from Tangboy
http://www.woodchipshome.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WC&Category_Code=PENBL

LanceD

Tom, I dont usually write with the larger pens. For me they are a little bulky but it seems to balance pretty good in hand. Thanks for the nice comments.

Texas Taco

I tried the Alternative Ivory once, blew out the blank (2 blanks)during drilling and have never tried it again. On the second one I slowed the DP down and tried a little water to keep it cool but did no good. Seeing this pen makes me wish I had been able to complete either of the pens I wanted to do with the blanks.

wayneis

Lance you did a nice job but in my opinion these kits are much better looking if you turn bushing to bushing. I've made a dozen of them so far and this was a suggestion that someone else made to me after I did my first one and I had to agree with them.

About drilling these blanks, don't drill slow. Drill at about a medium speed and clear the shavings about every 1/8" or so. I also use a vacume hose to cool the bits when I withdraw it to clear, it also helps to draw the shaving out of the blank as you drill. I then squirt a little water to cool the blank once in a while.

Wayne

Hi,

I think as I look at the potential combinations for an Emp kit I have seen about three that really interest me, yours is definatly one of those three!! Well done!!

I like the jade green and any deep red with a hint of gold ...these would in my mind be most approriate for such a named kit.

I bought three of them...but I am going to turn a few blanks first before I commit to them.

Again, well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom