Alternative Ivory El Grande

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Alt-Ivory-Cont-1.jpg

Alt-Ivory-Cont-2.jpg

Given the quality and Beauty of the previous entries in Ed's contest, I humbly submit my entry, it is an El Grande Elite style 1 Platinum Fountain pen, it was wet sanded to 2000 then buffed and renwaxed. Please don't laugh to hard, on it's own, it's a nice pen, but I think I know my limits.
Below, is this pen and a Churchill made from Trustone Ivory, believe me there is a tremendous difference not only in Color, but in ease of turning, the Trustone is murder. [:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
ALT-ivory-Trustone-Ivory.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After your unsolicited testimonial and based on your evaluation of the two media, please send me an e-mail with your address.

I believe you have a VERY GOOD chance at the "Kickback for favorable comments" kringle!!!!![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

Thanks!!:D:D:D:D

bitshird

AWWWW Gee guys twernt nothin Yuk Yuk[:p][:p]
Seriously, turning any plastic down to the thickness required for Churchill's or El Grande's increases the pucker factor by the power of 10.
That Churchill took three tries for the lower barrel, Ed's Alternative Ivory turns like butter, and I don't even own a wood lathe yet :(
<center>Thanks for the nice comments</center>
Ed, getting great material was enough of a kickback, many times I've bought material and kicked my own back [B)][B)][B)]

randyrls

Ken; Very nice pens both! I think you did very well! Both pens are classy and elegant.

I have made several Alt ivory and once I made a pen and fountain pen set for my dentist out of REAL ivory.

Talk about nerve racking. I paid $175 for three blanks, but this was several years ago. I checked recently and the price has gone up a lot!

Also, real ivory is not a very good material for pens.

Rifleman1776

Not only is the workmanship flawless and finish beautiful, the contrast and end result is elegant.
And that coming from someone who rarely even looks at 'Show off' pens that are non-wood.
If you sell it, demand top price.

Top Bottom