Alternative Ivory with dots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

I was given freedom to make a pen within some boundries. It had to be somewere thin with twist mechanism, also they like the alternative Ivory but wanted some color to it, so I came up with the dots idea filled them with black epoxy and aluminum dust here is is the result. Now it has to go be laser engraved before delivery.
I am liking this alternative Ivory a lot.
ALSO it had to be elegant so I hope the dots are not to childish.
Thanks for looking and opinions

200742920411_Ivoy-with-dots.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />I really like the alternative ivory, but the dots detract from the pen. Just my opinion, I'm sure other opinions will differ.

I agree with William about the dots, lovely pen all the same but would look more classy without the dots.[:)]

guts

I think I'd show it to the person who is gonna pay for it before I send it to be engraved,if they like then so would I.

angboy

GUess I'm in the minority, but I love the dots, makes the pen kind of funky and fun. But I do understand why some people might not be too fond of it, so the idea of showing it to the buyer first is probably good advice. If they don't want it, send it on to me! [:D][:D]

alxe24

First of all thank you all for your comments.
So far this is what happened. I showed the pen to the customer and I got the ok so I have a green light with it. Also my sister graduated from architecture today and she knew I was going to make her a pen; my idea for her was alternative Ivory and a Jr gent or a Jr Statement well she looked at this one and didn't wanted the other she got stuck on this one because of the dots. So now I have to make another one.
What was the mane of the engraver on this site? I have 3 Ivory pens to send and a wood one as well.
Thanks again
Alex

alxe24

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Agree with the others. I look at the dots and ask "Why?".
I want a unique looking pen and I think that 100% white would look nice clean and manufactured. Nothing wrong with that but I want a unique look. This are the kind of thing that people will love or hate and may be most people could be on the later group but I was looking for something to be the focal point of the pen and dots was the answer I have never seen a pen like this.

Originally posted by Smoky10
<br /> I don't care for the dots either and is that black line around it an "oops" band?

I can't tell what black band are you referring to. Right over the dots I cut the blank at an angle and inlay aluminum. That separates the lower barrel in two; solid color and solid with with dotes.

Thanks again
Alex

broitblat

I like the dots, although I think I'd like to see something on the upper barrel to tie in with the dots on the lower barrel. Just my thoughts.

-Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom