Alternative Ivory Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

This is one of several pens I had a chance to turn last week. Alternative Ivory from CSUSA and Platinum Baron fountain pen. Almost all of the Barons I turn these days are closed end, which I seem to prefer over the standard way.
Thanks for taking the time to look and for any and all comments.

Lance

200642605442_altivorybaron1.jpg

20064260553_altivorybaron2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Johnathan

Nice looking pen. I've been working with the CSUSA ivory and really like it. For those trying it for the first time, don't be affraid to use the gouge and skew on it, have sharp tools and be gentle.[;)]

Hi Lance,

Very very very nice....[8D]

I think without the solid end hardware option for the Baron that this design is a wonderful way to make the Baron. I too have been using the CSUSA ivory and I love it!! I have to tell you that this design is wonderful...It's probably my favorite for pen bodies when I turn them now.

Thanks for sharing!

Very Very Very Nice![;)]

Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />Nice looking pen. I've been working with the CSUSA ivory and really like it. For those trying it for the first time, don't be affraid to use the gouge and skew on it, have sharp tools and be gentle.[;)]

Same here Johnathan, The shew well honed is a clean cutting tool on this material!

LanceD

Speaking of the skew, I use it from start to near finish. I recently started using a Spindlemaker and love it. You need very little to no sanding and I start with 1500 MM to 12,000, a little Novus 2 then a coat of TSW and it's done. The alt. ivory polishes up real nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom