Alternate Tortoise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

This was a beautiful complimentary blank from Dawn and Ed at Exotic Blanks. It's called Alternate Tortoise. Placed it on a Black Titanium Navigator Rollerball. Very interesting turning experience.... I tried to show the depth in the blank but not sure it worked.:rolleyes: Looks prettier in person. Thank you for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator_2.jpg
    Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 184
  • Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator_1.jpg
    Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator_1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator.jpg
    Alternate Tortoise Shell on Navigator.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

I really like it. I have always thought about getting one of those, but just haven't got around to it. I think I will now.

wizard

Really beautiful. Did you paint the interior of the blank and/or barrel? And if yes with what color?

Thank you for the kind compliment. Christos, I use black nickel tubes with a highly reflective surface. I didn't paint the interior of the blank or the tube. The black nickel tubes are available at Woodcraft. Since I'm pretty sure there isn't a Woodcraft near you, I would be happy to send you some. The tubes fit the Navigator, Baron, Sedona and Rinehart pen kits. Regards, Doc:)

chrisk

Really beautiful. Did you paint the interior of the blank and/or barrel? And if yes with what color?

Thank you for the kind compliment. Christos, I use black nickel tubes with a highly reflective surface. I didn't paint the interior of the blank or the tube. The black nickel tubes are available at Woodcraft. Since I'm pretty sure there isn't a Woodcraft near you, I would be happy to send you some. The tubes fit the Navigator, Baron, Sedona and Rinehart pen kits. Regards, Doc:)

Thanks a lot for the offer. I have some black tubes for Jr Gents and also an alternate tortoise blank that I'll use the way you did for your's. Well, I'll try anyway... The fact is that while this blank is quite translucent we don't see any trace of glue.

ctubbs

Wiz, if it looks any beter in person than in your pictures, WOW, how can you stand it? That is one beautiful pen.
Charles

Top Bottom