Alternate Ivory/HRB Duo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. I had a left over piece of Alternate Ivory Rod and piece of my favorite wood, Honduran Rosewood Burl, and made this pen. It's on my usual Black Titanium Navigator Rollerball. I got a dozen Navigator kits in my Christmas basket :rolleyes:and this is the next to last one. I know it's mixing materials but I really like doing that. Have a great day and thank you for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo_1.jpg
    Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo_1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 180
  • Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo.jpg
    Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 292
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Dan, I think you are right about the kit conflicting with the Alternate Ivory. I think I'm going to disassemble it and try a platinum Navigator kit instead to see if it will look better. Thanks, Regards, Doc

jttheclockman

I like the look and think that burl is so great looking. That was a nice batch of timber for sure. I might have put it on a gold kit though. Other than that it is again another one of your beautiful pens. Thanks for showing.

fernhills

Great looking pen and HRB blank. I am not sure if it goes together well or not. I think HRB needs no help, it is great, with out anything else. Carl

wizard

As mentioned by John and others, the kit did not seem to really help the overall look of the pen. So... I disassembled it and used gold hardware in the same Navigator style. See what you think. Regards, Doc

Attachments

• Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo on Gold Navigator_1.jpg
    Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo on Gold Navigator_1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo on Gold Navigator.jpg
    Alternate Ivory_Honduran Rosewood Burl Duo on Gold Navigator.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 117

PR_Princess

Doc, I think that both are out standing! But, for me personally, I do like the gold combination a wee bit more.

LOL I see that you have been experimenting with differently colored backdrops as well! :):cool:

LeeR

Beautiful execution, but I think the alternate ivory would look better on a chrome/rhodium/platinum pen. The gold with HRB is right on. I just bought some HRB blanks, and am really anxious to try them.

Regarding the alternate ivory, I've seen that with the second blank in black, blue, or green, and think those combinations are the most striking.

Just my $.03 (adjusted for inflation).

PenPal

Morning here Doc,

A Rose by any name beautiful, you say Tomaato, I say Tomatoe, all in the way you hold your tongue. I too love the Gold.

Update on my incoming blanks for you progressing.

Best regards Peter.

David Keller

Beautiful worksmanship, but I'm not crazy about the alt ivory/HRB combo. That's just a matter of preference... The pen is beautifully made.

Top Bottom