Alternate Ivory Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

It was a lot of work, but I'm not sure it is not going to end up in my "also ran" bin.

Modified Sierra Click dressed in alternate ivory, ebony and aluminum.

The lower barrel was supposed to match but that dreaded "final cut" put paid to that [:I]

As always your comments and critiques are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

20086905622_ACT_6656-small.jpg

20086905655_ACT_6655-small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Keith Excellent work Mate your pen looks great l can see a lot of work has gone in too this pen! and it was well worth the effort,also Keith what your thought's on the push top sierra lam yet to do that kit. l've also been playing around with a Serra and ivory. l've had few drama's with it but thats nothing unusual for me.:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great job, Keith.

Is the metal the "ever-popular pop can??" Or some other form of "embeddable metal"??

Looks good, no matter what the substance.:D:D:D

VisExp

Thanks for all your nice comments.

Originally posted by johncrane

Keith what your thought's on the push top sierra lam yet to do that kit. :D

John, I'm no expert but the click mechanism seems pretty sturdy. I've seen a lot of posts here where people seem happy with the Sierra click. I install kitchen cabinets for living so don't get to use a pen much [:I] My daily pen is actually a wooden pencil [:I][:I] so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Originally posted by ed4copies

Is the metal the "ever-popular pop can??" Or some other form of "embeddable metal"??

Ed, the aluminum is 36 gauge aluminum sheeting. I got bored with sanding the labels off of Coke cans and brought a couple of yards of the stuff from Whimsie Studio. By doing that I was also able to get a gauge which matched the thickness of my scroll saw blade. Not an issue on this pen but important on some of my other segmented pens.

http://www.whimsie.com/index.html

bitshird

Very nice pen Keith, I really like your segmenting job, also like the link to whimsie, other than flashing all I could find is 24 GA which is a bit thick for segmenting,

VisExp

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Beautiful work, Keith. Did you "lose" the clip with this design?

Well Lou, even as a child I was better at taking things apart than putting them back together [:I] This pen being clipless was, shall we say, a design opportunity. I glued the brass bushing into the cap thingy and then realized I should have threaded the clip onto the brass bushing before I glued it into the clip thingy [V]

Originally posted by bitshird

Very nice pen Keith, I really like your segmenting job, also like the link to whimsie, other than flashing all I could find is 24 GA which is a bit thick for segmenting,

Glad I could help Ken. If you order more than one item from them you might be shocked at the shipping price. Their cart is set up that it charges a set price per item. Part of this is also because of the way they package for shipping. Put a note in with your payment asking that if it is possible to combine shipping please do so and refund the difference. I have ordered from them twice and both times received a refund for part of the shipping cost.

Top Bottom