Alternate Casein Triton

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it later in the A.M. :rolleyes: It's Alternate Casein from Exotics on a Gold Triton Fountain Pen with Silver Accents. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Casein Triton_2.jpg
    Casein Triton_2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Casein Triton_1.jpg
    Casein Triton_1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Casein Triton.jpg
    Casein Triton.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Very nice Doc, as always and to echo the others, great photography!! More DOF I see :)

If you have a dark red/maroon back ground, I'd love to see how this would look, if you have time Doc.

drgoretex

That's a stunning pen. I would have thought chrome would look better with the casein, but you have proved me very wrong. The gold goes beautifully with it.

How did you find working with the alt casein?

Ken

broitblat

Classy looking pen -- nicely turned and shot ;-)

I have some alt casein sitting in a drawer and this just re-enforces the idea that I have to do something with it.

-Barry

wizard

That's a stunning pen. I would have thought chrome would look better with the casein, but you have proved me very wrong. The gold goes beautifully with it.

How did you find working with the alt casein?

Ken

Ken,
I found it fairly easy to turn and finish in a manner quite similar to other resins. It helps if you have really sharp tools with a gentle touch. It can chip if you reduce the material too aggressively.
Regards, Doc

Last edited:

ctubbs

Sorry, Doc, but I ran out of superlatives to use on your pens way back. I am a one language kid so I am limited on good adjectives and all your beautiful pens used them all up. Your pens are a work of art. I hope you have a worthy museum somewhere to house them. Thanks for showing and the inspiration.
Charles

wizard

Sorry, Doc, but I ran out of superlatives to use on your pens way back. I am a one language kid so I am limited on good adjectives and all your beautiful pens used them all up. Your pens are a work of art. I hope you have a worthy museum somewhere to house them. Thanks for showing and the inspiration.
Charles

Charles,
No need for superlatives...Just knowing that you are looking and my creation perhaps brings some semblance of inspiration is plenty for me!:) As far as a museum...I put in a pic of a portion of my collection.:eek: Warm Regards, Doc

Attachments

• Pen Collection I.jpg
    Pen Collection I.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 121

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That is a beautiful collection, Doc!!!

Have you considered cataloging???

"The before 4AM"
"The 4-5 AM"
"The breakfast collection"
"Weekends"
Etc????

wizard

That is a beautiful collection, Doc!!!

Have you considered cataloging???

"The before 4AM"
"The 4-5 AM"
"The breakfast collection"
"Weekends"
Etc????

LOL...a lot...Ed, Right now, with the exception of a few racks,they are pretty disorganized. I have more in pen cases. Cataloging by time of day....hhmmmm....I'll get right on it Ed...in the A.M.:biggrin:. LOL, Regards, Doc

omb76

Wow Doc, that is impressive! Your craftsmanship really shows. Not only is the pen a work of art, but your photographs are as well. Thanks for sharing!

Lenny

Another spectacular pen, Doc!

The Triton components are one of my favorites and look very classy matched with that Alternate Casein! I really want to try that myself sometime.

wizard

Very nice Doc, as always and to echo the others, great photography!! More DOF I see :)

If you have a dark red/maroon back ground, I'd love to see how this would look, if you have time Doc.

Terry, Thank you for the compliment! Thanks for noticing the depth of field in these photos...thanks to you:)...I adjusted the settings and the pictures do look better! Will try to get some maroon background material. I have some red but it's a shade that is a little eye popping :eek:.
Regards, Doc

terryf

Terry, Thank you for the compliment! Thanks for noticing the depth of field in these photos...thanks to you:)...I adjusted the settings and the pictures do look better! Will try to get some maroon background material. I have some red but it's a shade that is a little eye popping :eek:.
Regards, Doc

not too worry about getting anything specially for me. Eye-popping red is fine!! Im just curious as to the contrast ratio's of alt casein against a red back ground. The gamma should be much easier to control without playing with the exposure values.

wizard

Terry,
What do you think? I didn't need to play with the exposure in Adobe Bridge. This was done on Auto Adjust during import. It looks a little dark as the color of the background is a little redder but it was the closest I could come to a maroon background. Regards, Doc

Attachments

• Alternate Casein Triton on Red.jpg
    Alternate Casein Triton on Red.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 86

terryf

Thanks Doc, I do prefer the red back ground. Try upping the gamma control to 1.34 and the contrast up to 19 and see what you think.

Is the color a true refelction of the alt ivory?

wizard

Terry, It's Alternate Casein not Ivory and the color is a very accurate depiction of the alternate casein. Regards, Doc

jttheclockman

Hey Doc, do you have a grey background??? I suggest trying a grey background. That is the color that seems to take alot of the guess work out of all those adjustments with the cameras the best. Just a suggestion. The alternate casein is white with cream white stripes running through it. It is a nice blank that goes with just about anything. I am not hijacking your thread just showing an example. Nice work as always.

IMGP0751.jpg

Top Bottom