Alternate casein and alumilite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

No clip on this one -- it shouldn't be carried in a pocket!
Doug

Attachments

• casein.jpg
    casein.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

I just started working on one of these blanks myself and I'm very happy with the material. Your pen looks amazing and the picture truly adds a bit of mystery and international flair to the pen. Nice work

dgscott

is that a seal stamp?

A few years ago one of my books was translated into Chinese (I think it may have sold one copy). The publisher had to give me a Chinese name, and the stamp is a chop with my Chinese name. I think it loosely translates as "old poop." :)

Doug

ldb2000

Douglas , that is a beautiful pen . Your design and workmanship look superb . I'm curious why you are not entering it in the freestyle contest though . It meets all the criteria for the contest and I think it stood a good chance there .

jskeen

Great job on that one for sure. Classy combination. I like the textured look in the white against the opaque jet black. Looks like it would be really comfortable to write with too. Did you turn the grip? If so, where did you come up with the nib, feed and holder? Nice crisp looking threads too, were they tapped or lathe cut?

dgscott

Did you turn the grip? If so, where did you come up with the nib, feed and holder? Nice crisp looking threads too, were they tapped or lathe cut?

The section is turned from alumilite. The nib is a Meister nib from Brian Gray at Edison pens. The threads are tapped and die cut -- my lathe isn't really up to turning threads, unfortunately. But someday soon....
Doug

Top Bottom