Altered Patrizio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I am still undecided about this one, but am leaning away from it. A while back I picked up a couple of the Patrizio kits and the other day decided to try one. The first one was made per instructions, basic b2b. I did not like the center band and was not wild about the ridge at the nib/lower body connection, and did not like the ring protrusion from the clip that went all the way around the body. The next one I left out the center band, recessed the upper barrel just a bit for the lower barrel to fit into and turned the nib end proud of the bushing to blend with the ring. It still steps down a bit on the nib end, but is better imho. I hid the ring on the clip, but the upper barrel had to be made larger to accept the clip ring and I think it makes it just too large and not really look right. I replaced the cheesy looking rubber coated finial with a home made one to blend with the upper barrel. I am thinking this one will just stay on the work bench for taking notes. It was fun, but I don't think it will happen with this kit again. All comments welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking. Oh ya, I just noticed the background is to busy and not really good for a picture, but it was handy and flat and with my lack of photo skills something else to look at is not a bad idea.

Attachments

• call 005.jpg
    call 005.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

That style of pen is funky in the original configuration. The adjustments made in the pictured pen are a nice effort in making it better. I think it just made the funky a bit funkier, and not in an Earth, Wind and Fire kind of funky.

On the bright side, there is a contest coming next month that would welcome this pen - it may even have a winning potential.:wink:

Top Bottom