Alt Ivory and Lucite.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

Had some down time this past weekend(MIL in the hospital) and got some Photoshop time to clean up ,Brand and label some past work. So..........

A while back I got a Freebie Yippee from Exotics, a beautiful piece of Alt Ivory. It wasn't a standard blank and since I didn't trust my drill press I waited till I was able to get a collet set. Left a matte finish on the Ivory to get a a nice warm feel to it. Upgraded Gld/Ti long click from Lau Lau.

Also some Lucite from IPD. I have never turned Lucite but I really like it.

Ancient Amber on an elegant beauty from Lau Lau and a Blue Sapphire on Bl/Ti long click also from Lau Lau.

Thanks for looking and for the replies, opinions,critiques, good or bad, that's how I learn.....

Attachments

• alt ivory.jpg
    alt ivory.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 336
  • AAlucite.jpg
    AAlucite.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 369
  • blue lucite.jpg
    blue lucite.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 291
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Hey Lupe, Pens look good. But I got to go with the Ancient Amber lucite. You did a great job on that one bring out the color.

Keith "mrburls"

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You're doing some great work Lupe. Nice choice of blanks and, did them all justice. As has already been said, you brought the color out in the AA. The matt finish on the Ivory looks good but, I have an uneasy feeling about how it will look after it's handled over time. Just a thouht. Great set of pens. Thanks for sharing with us.:wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'll chime in with the "GREATs" here!!

To be honest on that long, uninterrupted pen, I think the ivory looks "blah" compared to the others. Next time, you might try the alternate casein, to give vertical lines. Also would look good with the new zebra stripe (I think we call it pinstripe)---long body could use vertical lines, IMO!!

Just some ideas---

Ed

IPD_Mr

Lupe - I hope you will share with folks what you used to reverse paint the ancient amber. Even though I know what it is, I think it should be up to you to decide if you want to share your secrets. :) That is one of the best that I have seen, to bring out the depth of the design.

wizard

Lupe, Beautiful set of pens!! Love the Amber one as I've never seen one done that nicely. Photographs are excellent. Thanks for showing. Doc

el_d

Beautiful Pens Lupe, I love that amber Lucite I guess I'll have to try it pretty soon.

Muchas Gracias Senor Marmota (woodchuck in Spanish.... actually kinda fitting for a hippie:biggrin::wink:), I really like the lucites just watch out with the transparent blanks, they will show some drill marks.

You're doing some great work Lupe. Nice choice of blanks and, did them all justice. As has already been said, you brought the color out in the AA. The matt finish on the Ivory looks good but, I have an uneasy feeling about how it will look after it's handled over time. Just a thouht. Great set of pens. Thanks for sharing with us.:wink:

Thanks Chuck, I worried about that also but after I PM'ed Ed about my concerns he said it didnt need any finish...... Hopefully I understood him correctly.:redface:

I'll chime in with the "GREATs" here!!

To be honest on that long, uninterrupted pen, I think the ivory looks "blah" compared to the others. Next time, you might try the alternate casein, to give vertical lines. Also would look good with the new zebra stripe (I think we call it pinstripe)---long body could use vertical lines, IMO!!

Just some ideas---

Ed

Just gives me another reason to try the casein that I have been wanting to try for the longest time.
Actually Ed I like the subtle elegance of the Ivory. I think this is one of my fave's....Maybe its the Feel of it that I like.....:redface:
Hopefully I understood you correctly about the no finish needed?????

Lupe - I hope you will share with folks what you used to reverse paint the ancient amber. Even though I know what it is, I think it should be up to you to decide if you want to share your secrets. :) That is one of the best that I have seen, to bring out the depth of the design.

Not a sectret Mike just plain ol Walmart "CHEAP' rattle can paint labeled almond.....It does have a nice depth to it..... Thanks for the compliment. Its not taken lightly with the amount of talent around here....

Lupe, Beautiful set of pens!! Love the Amber one as I've never seen one done that nicely. Photographs are excellent. Thanks for showing. Doc

Thanks Doc. I am just trying to keep up with you and the other "BIG DOGS"....:wink:

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes Lupe,

You did understand me correctly. I see no reason for a "finish" on resins of any kind. They are plastics, so they can be easily cleaned with soapy water, if needed. Then, the owner can put a coat of wax (pledge-type) on them if they want to "protect"!!

Yes, the white will get dirty--but it is made to be cleaned.

I wouldn't use real casein--I'd be afraid it is porous. But the alt. is another resin--damp cloth to clean.

Hope this helps!!
Resinator :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

maxman400

Great Looking Pens Lupe, Your photos are outstanding as always. I liked the pizza pan look so much I went and got me one, thanks for the tip about it.

el_d

My Pizza Pan studio....

I was asked about my "Pizza pan studio" (thanks for the labal Max, love it). Here is an older link that has my set up.

"Pizza Pan Studio"

Hopefully the link works, it's a PIA trying to do this on a phone. :wink:

Last edited:
Top Bottom