Alt Ivory entry...or

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jdoug5170

jdoug5170

My first try at posting a picture of a pen that I made.

Alt Ivory Jr. Gent Fountain Pen, engraving done by...of course Ken!

Attachments

• alt ivory_wolf resized.jpg
    alt ivory_wolf resized.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Thats a very nice pen, I like turning Alternative Ivory,at least the material from the Resinator, I think he may dislike me, I sent him a couple of big pieces of the old Truestone Ivory.
Your pen is very tasteful,

jdoug5170

Thanks all for your kind comments. The story behind this pen...there's always a story, right?

I made this in memory of my x-sister in law. She passed away before her time this year. Cecelia lived in Juneau all of her adult life, working for fish and game, state and federal level and had a huge love for everything Alaskan, In particular was her love and attraction for wolves. Ergo, the engraving.

The pen was gifted to my x, a wonderful lady that I taught to love fountain pens many years ago...just seemed natural to give her the first one I made.

And yes, the alt ivory is a dream to turn...thanks to Ed for the samples....

Rifleman1776

Very nice. A friend of mine just completed an alt. ivory with material from CS. He says it was the hardest stuff he ever turned in his life.
I'm about to start on a couple with a different material. Reports when completed.

jdoug5170

Taffj....I don't think that I ever said that Ken was a cheap engraver....he does some awesome work!

Main thing to look for is an engraver (laser) that has a rotary attachment for his laser and knows how to use it.

I have a number of contacts that have the equipment but have not taken the time to learn the art like Ken apparently has.

There are times you just have to pay the price.

Doug

Top Bottom