Alt ivory with blood wood cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

It's ashame that I cannot take credit for creating the blank for this pen. It turned like butter and took a shine like very few others I have turned. The blank, thank you Gene (elmostro) you make a mean blank. Its the same body I just switched the nib for my web site. Turned then polished to 12k mm twice once dry then wet. What yall think?
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• altivorycross.jpg
    altivorycross.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 251
  • altivorycross2.jpg
    altivorycross2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Beautiful. What kind of alt ivory is that? Most turners claim the stuff from CS is hard, hard, hard.

Those turners would be NUTS, NUTS, NUTS!!!

Alternative ivory is actually fairly soft for a resin, MUCH softer than commercial acrylic. It IS a little more difficult to turn than Alumilite or PR though.

ElMostro

Beautiful pen! Don't you just love how this material turns and polishes? For those that do not know the blank is made of Alumilite. It turns very easily and is not prone to chipping.
Eugene

bitshird

That's a very beautiful pen Alex, Eugene does make some gorgeous blanks, I've heard that the Alumilite turns easier than regular Polyester Resin, and I've blown up a couple of Alternative Ivory blanks, but I still like them. Our Mr Brown aka the Resinator also carries the authentic Alternative Ivory, look at my Avatar.

Top Bottom