along came a spider

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

Today at the local chapter meeting Constant from lazerlinez brought some of his new kits. I bought three, and had to do one today. It was very smooth until ..... I didn't have enough glue to hold the whole kit to the tube, live and learn. One leg ended up in the dust collection system, and the body ended up on the table beside the lathe. IT WAS ALL MY FAULT! It took a little more time than it should have but I am still proud of the results. Thanks for the looks, And thank you Constant for the cool kit. I guess this is a shameless plug, oh well. Russell

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job! The spider on the pen is a great job, it looks very cool! Not enough super glue.....what kinda pen turner are you....LOL......

Russell Eaton

Robert I was just live up to my instructor Ben Brown, he had the same problem yesterday at the meeting. I think it was a moon phase or something like that! That's my story and i'm sticking to it. Russell

workinforwood

Looks really great Russell. Love the story about gluing it together..made me laugh. You can't ever laugh enough! sorry it's at your expense, but hey, you got it and learned from your mistakes and have a great pen to show for it!

Russell Eaton

Jeff you think that was funny..... I still have not found the blasted leg. After 10 min. of looking I got the band saw fired up and made a 9th leg and filled the gaps with sawdust!! Now you know why it took 2 1/2 hours. Glad you can see humor that is what it was meant for. Russell

Top Bottom