Almost went in the trash - Amboyna burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hula daddy

Hula daddy

After trying mostly sub $10 pen kits I thought i would up the ante, I bought the $11 blank and the 21 dollar electra rollerball kit. this is the result I am pretty pleased considering 3/4 of the way turning the end chipped off. After a few four letter words I decided to part off the bad section and try my hand at adding a laminate piece. Not to bad for a in progress recovery in my opinion.

I am still working on my photo skills

Attachments

• 1-IMG_0180.jpg
    1-IMG_0180.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 1-IMG_0179.JPG
    1-IMG_0179.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

It's getting to the point that I think that a blowout is really an opportunity to experiment & come up with something unexpected. Good save, and it looks like it was planned.

Jim Burr

Banned
Sweet work on the save Brian!! How do you like that kit? Amboyna is tough enough w/o the long barrel to boot!

Hula daddy

Sweet work on the save Brian!! How do you like that kit? Amboyna is tough enough w/o the long barrel to boot!

I may not be the best person to answer that. But the fit is nice, the length is nice except when the cap is attached for writing. It feels top heavy and a little long. With the cap completely removed it feels nice.

Thanks for the kind words. It is a nice feeling over coming an oh sh** moment for once.

Top Bottom