Almost a disaster-better photo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This started out to be a plain vanilla Americana pen with Brown Mallee burl. The first thing to go was a large chip near the tip that went all the way to the tube(I didn't use CA on the ends first). No problem says I. I cut a small piece of Red Mallee burl and put it together and back on the lathe. Then I turned the upper barrel a bit too small so the CB was going to be obviously too big and have a sharp edge. Back to the Red Mallee burl again although making a new CB and making fit properly was a lot harder this time.

200510214516_Mallee-1.jpg

Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Gerry,
The fact that you took the time and had the insight to fix any problem that came your way tells me that you won't be having very many "Dead" blanks laying around. Great job and keep thinking outside the box.

rtjw

Picture is better. Maybe you could make the pen bigger in the picture so that we can see it better. It looks good from this viewpoint though.

Fangar

I like the look of that combo, though that is my least favorite pen kit available. Great save! Your photo also looks real nice now. I might recommend cropping and resizing it up a bit. I usually go for 640x480, slightly compressed and usually get a filesize of around 50 kb or so.

Cheers,

Fangar

gerryr

Thanks everyone. I take pictures at the finest resolution on my camera and resizing to 640x480 gives me file that's over 100 kb. I may need to cut back a bit on the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom