Almost

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Displaced Canadian

Weeks in the designing days in building and nanoseconds in exploding :frown:
There is no Show off what is left of your pens forum so I used this one. I thought that I should sand down the last bit but no, I just had to make 1 last pass with the skew....

Attachments

• DSC00867.JPG
    DSC00867.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 393
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

That was going to be cool. Did you hear the high pitched chatter that comes from thin wood, not completely held on to brass and each other?

glennw

I have to agree with BUZZZZ4 I feel your brother. I spent the other day out in the shop and tried four times to make a pen for some one here on IAP and i change desins 3 times. Today I tried again putting togther the wood for it tomarrow I will attempt to turn it or sat I will post pics either way. Hope you try again and dont get frustrated.

I'm a little hard of hearing did hear some noise. A chunk popped of the other tube but it was 1 piece and it glued back in. It was mainly cocobolo and being an oily wood I wonder if that was a contributing factor. I was really hopeing for a win with this one.

InvisibleMan

ouch - sorry to see. It looked like a real winner. Been there, yadda yadda.

I've become a real wimp and use the heck out of my 120 grit skew at the end.:rolleyes:

BSea

I told my son once after he made a costly error for his baseball team. " The only people who don't make errors are on the bench or in the stands." We've all been there brother. Except the ones who've never turned a pen. . . . . . . . Well, at least not many pens.:wink:

ctubbs

My PITH did that to me this spring through 8 blanks before i finally managed to have one hold together. Too many pieces and too heavy a hand I guess. I was too bull headed or stupid to change the design. I do feel your pain. From the spare parts, that was to be one gorgeous pen, too bad.
Charles

Top Bottom