Almond and genuine turquoise inlay ... KNOT!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewell

Here's an almond slimline that I tried to "save" the knot in with just CA... I ended up having to fill a bit with turquoise colored embossing powder from either Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

tn_Almond.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mewell

Thanks for the comments, folks!

Ken, yup - had these blanks since last November! I'm sure I've turned others of the same lot, but I don't get too many pics posted, especially in the November, December time frame.

In the same vein ... Is there a trick that I'm missing to keep the CA from "washing away" the embossing powder? It needs some sort of wetting agent, but I'm not sure what I could/should use. Anybody?

DocRon

Originally posted by mewell
<br />
In the same vein ... Is there a trick that I'm missing to keep the CA from "washing away" the embossing powder? It needs some sort of wetting agent, but I'm not sure what I could/should use. Anybody?
I am interested in this also. The one time I tried embossing powder I had a tough time getting the CA to wet it, so it kind of floated around instead of staying "in the groove".

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Mark, the only material, other than sawdust, that I have used for filling in a void is coal dust. I have a few pieces of anthracite that I crushed in a mortar and pestle. The powder is dense and stays in place. I tend to like the natural sawdust or the dark of the coal to fill voids rather than contrasting poweders.

FWIS,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom