Alligator Sedona

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from snowman56

snowman56

I just finished a couple of dozen Alligator Sedona pens going overseas, leaving tomorrow. I took several pics, some pretty good, some not to good. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• gatorsedonafp.JPG
    gatorsedonafp.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 514
  • gatorfountainpen.JPG
    gatorfountainpen.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 359
  • pens for alex 068 (Medium).JPG
    pens for alex 068 (Medium).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 439
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I like what I see, rugged, please define Aligator.

Regards Peter.
Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Chordata
Class:Reptilia
Order:Crocodilia
Family:Alligatoridae
Genus:Alligator

An average adult American alligator's weight and length is 800 pounds (360 kg) and 13 feet (4.0 m) long, but can grow to 14.5 feet (4.4 m) long and weigh 1,032 pounds (468 kg).

snowman56

Lou
That is the offical rating but there has been bigger one's taken here in southeast texas.A lot are never taken to the check in, never know about these old river rat's that hunt to eat.

johnnycnc

Very nice pens, Robert.
I have a beatiful one you made for me that stays out to show off to visitors.
Thanks for sharing these, never thought of the hide/bone combo on the same pen.
that looks good!

KiltedGunn

Local Chapter Leader
Nice photos, Robert! But they were much more impressive in person a few weeks back! The pictures don't show the glow of the ill you use in the jaw bone sections! VERY Impressive! :biggrin:

dntrost

Still waiting on lathe parts to arrive besides being stuck in Kazakhstan but as soon as I am back home and in operation I am going to give the blanks you gave me a try. Great job Robert and glad to hear you are ready to ship them out! Hope you get lots more orders they are truly works of art!

snowman56

Yes Chris, the bones have to be boiled and boiled and then dried to remove all of the oily yucky stuff before they can be turned. They really STINK!!!

cnirenberg

Yes Chris, the bones have to be boiled and boiled and then dried to remove all of the oily yucky stuff before they can be turned. They really STINK!!!

That is what Roy said, worse that antler (although we both like the smell of turning antler, like napalm in the morning....I digress). I am trying to contact some friends who may be able to acquire some gator bones. My wife will kill me if I try this......should be fun. Thanks for posting the pics of your pens. awesome Job as usual.

wjskip

If everyone knew how good gator smells when you are boiling the pieces and how much your downwind neighbor will love you, not to mention how many pens your can get from a single gator the magic would be gone. Robert you are to be commended on your olfactory sensitivity not to mention the magnificant pens you make.
Bill

broitblat

I just finished a couple of dozen Alligator Sedona pens going overseas, leaving tomorrow. I took several pics, some pretty good, some not to good. Let me know what you think.

Those are beautiful, but "a couple of dozen!?"

I did one and it took me forever. It was very hard but still punky in parts that needed lots of CA.

-Barry

Verne

Nice job Robert. Makes me want to take a trip to Winnie.
Vern
I the jaw the only part that is usable?

Top Bottom