All is not lost

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tseger

tseger

I know none of you have ever done this, but I put my bushings on wrong. To try to fix it, I trimmed down a half inch from each end and used a different blank for the ends. Any comments welcome.

Attachments

• P1010578.jpg
    P1010578.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 269
  • P1010575.jpg
    P1010575.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Tim I am lost pen looks good. Fit and finish are good. Bushings on wrong? Can't tell there was a problem.

tseger

Tim I am lost pen looks good. Fit and finish are good. Bushings on wrong? Can't tell there was a problem.
the bushings were on backwards. the nib bushing was at the clip end of the pen and the clip end bushing was at the nib. When I went to assemble the pen, I realized it was backwards, so I cut the ends off and glued on new end pieces and returned the pen

tim self

You did a great job. Gotta look real hard to tell. I've had to do that before also. Ends of each end blew up and put alt ivory on it.

Bree

LOL good fix! I have a Fat Apple Cigar made of Eastern Applewood with the center bushings swapped. Wow was I pissed off when I discovered that I flipped the bushings. I kept the pen for my "office pen"... well ONE of my office pens! I never thought about your solution which is clever a hell! Great job!
:wink::wink::wink:

Smokey7385

I've had to do that several times when I've blown through an end. Here is a sample of one that I ended up giving to the owner of my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Attachments

• MexPen1.jpg
    MexPen1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 114

Daniel

You can get the bushings backwards??? Just kidding, been there done that more than I care to remember. Nice save.

Top Bottom