All New Dragon 360

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

This is a new dragon design scrolled into a mish-mash of Jr pen parts. I did not actually invent this particular dragon..I was in a hurry and couldn't get my pencil to draw what I wanted, so this is actually a modified design from a free clip-art. I do like it though. I'm still working on the photo's..I think these pictures are pretty decent though, taken in the dark with a 125 shutter speed and a single strobe reflecting off my 8ft ceiling. I notice that even with just one strobe turned all the way down, and even at 8 ft away pointing directly at the pen is like taking a picture of the sun :smile-big:. The colors look great though..close to dead on.

Attachments

• dragon30.jpg
    dragon30.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 493
  • dragon31.jpg
    dragon31.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 328
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

calpens

Thats one of the coolest pens I have ever seen. I just read your article in Creative Woodworks & Crafts. Very Inspiring, Thanks!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well you certainly made a great job of it and the colours in the flames are excellent, but I have to say that I prefer YOUR dragons:wink::biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Like Skip said, the flame colors and shape are perfect. The dragon could be a bit more scarier for my taste, but well executed as usual.

workinforwood

You are correct Mr Vic. It is a simple as scrolling one half, then gluing the solid half to the back side and then filling the blank. You do of course need to do a bit of layout work and come up with a design that works for you, keeping in mind at the same time that images will stretch width wise over a pen..meaning that you design your image to be scrunchy when you cut it. I scrunch it down, and spin a test blank and then I can see what the image distortion rate is and can go back and tweek the design. With no special equipment, you can make some awesome blanks just using inlace as a filler. You can't expect to replace every type of laser option using a scrollsaw..they both have different limitations to consider, but with some thought, the limitations of a scrollsaw diminish drastically. It is the most versatile tool a man can own.

Noah

Beautiful job... is this a kit or hand painted...?
I'd like to know how this is executed...
Thanks and Happy New Year...
Ed

workinforwood

Beautiful job... is this a kit or hand painted...?
I'd like to know how this is executed...
Thanks and Happy New Year...
Ed

This is a kit, not painted. It is created using a scrollsaw. It is designed for Jr kits but can be used on larger than jr kits as well, just not smaller kits. You drill and tube the blanks just like any other blank, you paint the tubes of course. The center is already pre-marked. I drill the blank, then put the tube on the blank where I want it to be, mark that spot, trim the blank and glue in the painted tube with colored epoxy. Exoticblanks.com carries these..they ran out and have a bunch more that they have been too busy to post as of yet is all. She has a lot on her plate!

Top Bottom