All in a days work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Beautys_Beast

Beautys_Beast

Off work today, due to a swollen ankle. (Gettin' old is a bitch) Wasn't going to just sit around and waste the day, so out to the shop I went. Got six full hours in.

Started out bad, with the first two pen blanks blowing up, but it went well after that. Here is what I accomplished.

Attachments

• Oct25.jpg
    Oct25.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 504
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks like a month's work for me! :tongue:

Very nice. Great combination of kits and blanks. Ya did a good day's work!

magpens

WOW ! . You did all 10 of those pens in one day ? . Very well done.

On that first pen at the left, there seems to be a custom center band ... can you tell us what you used please ?

Beautys_Beast

WOW ! . You did all 10 of those pens in one day ? . Very well done.

On that first pen at the left, there seems to be a custom center band ... can you tell us what you used please ?

All of the standing pens are either funline, or slimline pen kits. 2 or 3 dollars at PSI. As for the custom center band, two of them are actually custom, The purple pen you mentioned, and the white one. They center bands are just jewelry makers beads with a 7mm center hole. I found them on ebay.

Here is an example of some I just ordered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wholesale-...var=521218123564&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Beautys_Beast

The white blank came in a funline group A package. I think there was supposed to be some black in it, as there are supposed to be two of each color. But there was only one that was all white. The blanks are small, 5/8, so they are only good for thinner pens, but for less than two dollars each, it's not a bad deal. Having matches is good for making a matching pen, and pencil set.

The ankle is fooked. Taking steroids for it, which keep me up all night. I was seriously considering just getting up in the middle of the night and going out to the shop, since I couldn't sleep anyway. Nothing worse than laying in bed, and not sleeping. The upside is I get another shop day today... WOOO HOO! Time to redo those two blowouts, and a few more. (When making multiple pens in a day, I do each step on all of them, IE cut them all, drill them all, end trim them all, etc) If I have a blowout, the blank, and kit goes in a ziplock and i keep going with the next pen)

Beautys_Beast

Only 7 done today. But built a couple shelves in the shop to organize all my blanks.

Left to right. Tycoon Fountain, Classic Fountain, with clip on cap. Modified Funline, Slimline pen and pencil set, Cortona with stylus, Princess pen.

If it wasn't for the ankle, I would be having a ball.

Attachments

• Oct 26.jpg
    Oct 26.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom