The All Black

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigShed

BigShed

Having played around with the various processes involved in making a kitless pen, and also making some extra tooling to make the job easier, I thought I would post one here.

I have attached some pics.

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

Nice one Fred but I gotta ask, why notch the clip ring if you are threading in the finial? Was the ring too tight around the finial threads?

Yep, you got it. Wanted to use an M8x1 but didn't have the tap and die (do now) so decided to use M10x1, same as for the section, but then had to cut the clip ring. No biggie.

wizard

Wow, that is an elegant and regal looking pen...first thought that came to mind...is that one would be in the pocket of someone sitting at the end of a table in a corporate board room. Really like the clean profile of the pen and the well defined front end of the section. Gorgeous pictures. Beautiful job Fred in all respects. Doc:)

Edit: Fred, What material is that?

Last edited:

drgoretex

Awww....someone else already made the New Zealand comment :frown:

Beautiful pen, very simple, very clean, very sophisticated. And congrats on front-paging it!

Ken

wizard

Wow, that is an elegant and regal looking pen...first thought that came to mind...is that one would be in the pocket of someone sitting at the end of a table in a corporate board room. Really like the clean profile of the pen and the well defined front end of the section. Gorgeous pictures. Beautiful job Fred in all respects. Doc:)

Edit: Fred, What material is that?

Fred,
I told you what I think! :biggrin:
Thanks so much for the tutorial!!
It looks perfect on the front page!:biggrin:
CONGRATULATIONS!!:good::good:
Doc:)

cnirenberg

Fred,
Fantastic looking pen, I'm a big fan of the all black look. Great pictures too. They really show your work off to the highest level. I'm interested in what you have in mind for tooling. I liked the tutorial on cutting the threads, now I'll just have to be patient and wait to see what you have in store for us.

BigShed

Thank you all for your kind comments, always good to get positive feedback from one's peers:good::good:

A special thank you to Jeff for putting it on the front page:highfive:

Top Bottom