Aligator Blank(finally got brave enough to try)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

So I got this Gator Jaw bone blank a while back and been scared to try it. I finally got the courage up and figued the best thing I could do was turn the least amount of off I could. Less turning equals less chance of destroying a blank. It is a full size Rhodium/ Blk Ti Statesman. Thanks for looking and tell me what you think. Phil
penphotos001.jpg

penphotos003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaTurner83

Very nice pen.Love the looks of those Gator blanks.Gonna have to get brave enough and give one a try sometime.

firewhatfire

That blank came from Roy at www.classicnib.com I dont know if he cast them or gets them somewhere else. This one didn't have any voids that need filled. It was cast in black resin and was some tuff stuff but finished pretty well. I did a CA finish over it as bone is porous and I dont want to take chances.

Thanks for the comments

Phil

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
What were you waiting for? That looks good! As I sit here looking at a piece of raw, uncast gator jawbone laying on my keyboard. I measured the capacity of my mold today, so just a little more time to build courage, and I'm gonna do it too!!! Roy, see PM please.

wizard

Phil, I think it looks great!!! If you can turn that material...you can pretty much turn anything! Regards, Doc:)

firewhatfire

Now that I have the hard stuff now its time to turn to the other stuff that scares me. Time to break out that Ebonite I have been hoarding for some time.:eek: and thanks for the comments by the way.

Phil, I think it looks great!!! If you can turn that material...you can pretty much turn anything! Regards, Doc:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom