Air Chuck Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

First of all This was my son's Idea (about 6 months ago) but he never followed through with it so I did. :wink: This is a HF Air Nozzle and Air Chuck. I took the air nozzle apart and removed the insides. I drilled out the end to except the slim line nib, the nozzle (now the back of the pen) screws in an out to cut off the air flow. Now it moves the ink refill in and out, Screw the nozzle in and the refill comes out. I used a #5 O' ring between the nozzle and the housing to prevent it from coming all the way out. The clip is a "clip on" and comes with the nozzle. I removed the guts of the air chuck (except for the locking balls) and drilled it out so the the nib would fit inside and still lock on to the nozzle. For right now there is just a brass plug in the end of the cap.

Sorry for such a long post for such a simple pen. :redface:

Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

DARN Now I have to go to HF to buy another Air Nozzle. :wink:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Air Chuck 3.jpg
    Air Chuck 3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 583
  • Air Chuck 2.jpg
    Air Chuck 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Air Chuck 1.jpg
    Air Chuck 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

That is what I mean about ideas on here. That is very innovative. It is a shame the bash just finished or that would have been at least a finalist.
Charles

airrat

Very interesting. looks like it was fun. Next week we get to see how you turned the air compressor into a self feeding ink well right? ;)

MartinPens

This just goes to prove my theory that absolutely nothing is safe from penturning. Way to use those creative juices.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

maxman400

Great idea well implemented. Is it heavy?

-Barry
It is very top heavy when caped (or chucked). It is quit a conversation piece, I used it all day today at work and got asked a ton of questions about it. With out the cap it feels just about the same as any other normal pen, the notches where the air chuck locks on to actually provides a comfortable space to hold on to when using it. :)

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, and for taking the time to Look. :biggrin:

maxman400

That's really thinking out of the box. It is orginial, not a rehash of some else's pen. Good work!! Now what will you do with the air hose?

Ben
:confused: AIR HOSE !!!! 50' at 6" is a 100 blanks, has any one tried to tube and turn an AIR HOSE yet??? LOL :laugh: Hey Skip what do you think?

PenPal

Morning here Mike, Stunning Pen from obtainable metal with a theme, right up my street, my kind of pen. With your permission I will make one it lends itself to an idea I have had for a while. I have a few more Dental Handpieces to transform together with lots of projects on the backburner.Thanks for the stimulation by example. I believe I can make at least half lighter. Before iI place my pics I will share this with you and the progress. Send me a pm with your E Mail so I can share pics with you.

Recently I have installed a great nail gun oil free Compressor and whilst installing this unit to a Mini Drill that uses an air impeller with dry bearings at 350.000 rpm spent some time with various connections that had me intrigued.

You have nailed the concept that should prove a hit with anyone who uses compressed air.

As Skippy innovates you have quite refreshing providing food for thought away from the mass produced necessities in Pen Kits, bread and butter from pens is not my scene rather the thrill of seeing, finding then the making.

Kind regards Peter.

Top Bottom