Ah... Decent turning weather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

It's amazing how much more enjoyable turning is when the weather is decent isn't it?

This morning I picked up some goodies at our Bubbasville meeting and couldn't wait to get home and play in the shop.

The results are below.....

All three pens are Jr Gent rollerballs, one Texas Flag done in dyed curly maple and two rattlesnakes done in... uh, rattlesnake! :D

Before the eagle eyes get a chance to catch my boo boo, I'll point it out. I was turning merrily on my way when I paused and said to myself... "I wonder if I have the scales in the lower barrel pointed in the right direction?" Sure enough I didn't and was beyond the point of no return so one pen will go to the lucky buyer who doesn't care or know which way the scales are supposed to go! I'll just tell them it was custom made for a lefty!:D

Great blanks guys, thanks!

2007915233857_snakes-texas.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

WOW George! You are fast! I like all three of them. They look great, even the rattlesnakes done in uh...rattlesnake. Glad all went well.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Texatdurango

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />WOW George! You are fast! I like all three of them. They look great, even the rattlesnakes done in uh...rattlesnake. Glad all went well.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Well, I didn't have such a long drive home! By the way the resin was so easy turning and polished up very nice and took the Flitz polish well. AND... I now have my air blower hanging on the side of the lathe![:)]

edstreet

Ah yes, I see that other people are having great results with the rattlesnake blanks. I just made one recently and the only botch was the scales do not flow on the same direction on the top and bottom. Did not notice until someone pointed it out here!! Non-the-less your 3 turned out outstanding and keep up the great work!

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom